We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Transport Manager for a large distribution company based in DUBLIN West .
This is a full time permanent position on a day shift.
- Develop positive relationships with key customer contacts
- Running a fleet with a hands-on approach
- Ensure all customer requests and contract requirements are dealt with appropriately
- Responsible for day to day operational activity
- Leading a team of drivers, planners and admin staff and reporting to the Depot Manager
- Achieve agreed KPI’s in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure processes and procedures are adhered to in relation to all aspects of the business
- Ensures that all work is carried out in a safe manner
- Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of the operation
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure SLA’s are met and to ensure total Customer Satisfaction
- Responsible for Health and Safety and ensuring compliance with Company policies and best practice
- Communicating with sub-contractors on a regular basis to ensure compliance and SLA’s are adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring employees receive the relevant daily work and are trained to do same.
- Must have experience in running in house fleet of 15+ vehicles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Hands on approach to management
- Flexible attitude to work
- Customer focused with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Reporting and presentation skills
- Minimum 6 years FMCG or Groupage experience
- Professional Qualification ( CPC ) Transport Management
- Ability to prioritise workload and ensure all targets are achieved
- Excellent reporting skills
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve set targets
- Must ensure a professional approach in all aspects of the role and ability to follow through on queries until the resolution is sought.
Salary will depend on experience up to 60k
Interested -Contact Nichola NOW on 01-6704488 or email email@example.com