Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. They are committed to delivering high quality services to all customers, including generators, suppliers and consumers, across the high voltage electricity system and via the efficient operation of the wholesale power market. It puts in place the grid infrastructure needed to support competition in energy, to promote economic growth, to facilitate more renewable energy, and to provide essential services.
Connections & Charging (C&C) Team
C&C is an all-island team comprised of highly skilled professionals with backgrounds in engineering, economics, business and commerce. The team is responsible for the preparation and management of contracts for large scale generators and energy consumers connecting to the transmission system in Ireland and Northern Ireland and the development of associated policy issues. The team’s customers include international and indigenous developers and high profile multinationals. The team is responsible for leading the development of transmission connection policy which is a key factor in determining the future direction of the energy sector. A significant new connection process is due commence in 2018 which will deliver over 1,000MW of new connections onto the Irish electrical system in the coming years.
The successful candidate shall:
• Prepare and issue connection contracts “offers” for new and existing customers connecting directly to the transmission system and those connecting indirectly to the transmission system via the distribution system.
• Work closely with internal technical, financial and legal teams involved in the preparation of connection contracts to ensure that information is consistent and aligned with connection policy. .
• Incorporate key elements of technically focussed reports into standard connection contract templates.
• Identify and draft additional non-standard clauses specific to the unique elements of an individual contract and negotiating agreement on these new clauses with multiple stakeholders.
• Close liaison with other departments to ensure that the customers’ requirements are understood and addressed as part of the preparation of the contracts.
• Confidential liaison with customers and the Distribution System Operator as required throughout the offer preparation process.
• Work with other team members to ensure that all Key Performance Indicators for the delivery of connection offers are met.
Reporting to: C&C Manager under the supervision of the Offer Process team lead.
• Educated to degree level, with a minimum of 2-3 years’ recent relevant experience in a contractual/commercial environment or 2-3 years’ recent relevant experience working in an electricity transmission or distribution organisation.
• Strong customer and commercial awareness.
• Experience in dealing with customers/third parties on a contractual basis.
• Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to work collaboratively across business areas.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong focus on attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong analysis, judgement and problem solving skills.
• Previous experience working in a regulated/energy environment
• Understanding of Transmission System Operator business activities
• Project Management skills
• Contract management experience
• Knowledge of connection policy and the regulated framework