The successful candidate will contribute towards the overall goals of the company and will assist in ensuring that the business is successful.
The successful candidate will proactively assist in the ongoing asset management of activities. The role holder will work within a team in multi-disciplined contractor management, stakeholder management, change management, financial and technical reporting and risk management.
The role holder will manage major projects which are required from time to time for ongoing asset maintenance and improvement.
• Lead Major Project work streams within the Asset Management section associated with the ongoing operations of EWIC.
• Manage contractors, service providers, consultants and other stakeholders to ensure that project work streams are delivered safely and successfully in accordance with best project management principles.
• Promote best practice for safety and environment, and monitor safety compliance.
• Positively interact and adapt a suitable approach when dealing with internal and external stakeholders in Ireland and Britain in relation to technical or commercial queries (County Councils, State Bodies, contractors, consultants, landowners, and local businesses).
• Monitor contractors/ service providers on site to ensure proper procedures are being followed and that the work is being delivered in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Prepare and manage contractual arrangements with third party service providers where necessary.
• Manage the interface between EWIC and the TSOs (National Grid UK and EirGrid) on operational matters including scheduling of outages.
• Ensure that the preservation of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) warranty is considered during the planning and execution of all major projects.
• Assist in the organisation and supervision of fault repairs.
• Provide support to the Asset Operations with respect to the EWIC Maintenance & Repair Contract, ensuring that the regular maintenance activities are undertaken to schedule and the annual maintenance is expertly planned and executed in accordance with all Health, Safety and Environmental considerations.
• Provide support to the Asset Operations with respect to the 70km of EWIC high voltage land cable and 187km of subsea cable, including post lay marine surveys, land and marine cable crossings, EPC warranty issues and any works associated with cable operations from technical, commercial and legal perspective.
• Typically 4+ years relevant experience
• Electrical Engineering qualification to degree level
• Strong analytical, financial tracking and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex issues in a timely manner
• Ability to develop and lead projects
• Strong organisational and commercial awareness
• Excellent decision-making capabilities
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Strong oral and written communications skills
If intrested contact Nicki on 01-6704488 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com