Procurement Administrator 30-32k North Dublin/City
The ideal candidate will be a strong administrator with the experience and desire to develop in a procurement environment. The person will be a self-starter capable of contributing to a high performance team, supporting the Logistics Manager. Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent external and internal customer focus throughout.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an efficient, strategic procurement service with structured flexibility to deliver best quality of service and optimum value for money.
- Market analysis and inventory profiling to determine MRP item parameters for forecasting and reordering
- Creation and issuing of purchase orders to suppliers
- Negotiate best possible price with suppliers where pre-determined pricing agreements do not apply
- Identify potential procurement cost savings
- Monitor and update purchase orders with latest supplier information
- Inbound freight - coordinate with suppliers, couriers and freight forwarders to ensure the most efficient and cost effective freight service
- Document scanning
- POD and exception management (Vendor deliveries)
- Regular data reporting and analysis supporting operational performance measurement and improvement of logistics processes
- Creation and issuing of non-inventory purchase orders to suppliers
- Create and maintain SKU data in the inventory management system
- Complete periodic reviews of stock levels and forecasted stock requirements based on the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Pro-actively identify, highlight to management and address potential issues with supply of inventory
- Two years' experience in a warehouse or procurement role, preferably within a healthcare environment
- Third level qualification whilst not a pre-requisite would be an advantage.
- A self-motivated individual with a 'can do' approach, a strong work ethic and willingness to learn and assume new responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative and team approach
- Professional and effective communicator both written and oral.
- Strong telephone skills.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Resourcefulness in order to deliver a high quality service
- An understanding of health and safety requirements
- Strong IT/computing skills including data retrieval, analysis and management reporting. Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems, ERP and MRP
- Strong analytical capability
Interested applicants should apply with a current CV and covering letter detailing their suitability for the position -to firstname.lastname@example.org