Are you an experienced Procurement Assistant looking to work for one of the best construction companies Dublin has to offer? This could be the role for you!
Summary of Role
Taking full responsibility for the purchase / hire of all plant and materials for all projects and ensure price and quality requirements are managed equally. Put in place and manage all the internal processes to ensure procurement works effectively by liaising with Operations and Finance Departments.
- Prime responsibility for the purchase of all materials.
- Set in place and ensure compliance with Materials Requisitions for Site Project Managers.
- Ensure prompt placing of orders with Suppliers & ensure Project Managers & QS are kept up to date on delivery.
- For unusual or be-spoke items, get minimum 3 quotations.
- Bear in mind the balance between price & lead time and ensure project delivery is not compromised.
- Ensure all processes outlined in Materials Procurement Policy are adhered to by all.
- Set up Credit Agreements with suppliers in line with Accounts Payment terms.
- Put in place rebate terms with large suppliers. Keep schedule of all rebate schemes in place and ensure year end credit notes are issued.
- Storing all emailed purchase orders in the project file so that costs and specific agreements with suppliers can easily be cross referenced when signing invoices for payment.
Plant Hire & Purchase
- Ensure all processes outlined in Materials Procurement Policy are adhered to by all
- Order plant hire as requested by Project Managers ensure clear on-hire & off-hire dates agreed
- Keep up to date hired plant database & cross check all invoices against it.
- Issue plant hire database to Operations & Commercial team & highlight any items that remain on hire after initial off-hire date
- Make commercial decision with regards purchasing as opposed to hiring plant
- Lifting Devices - ensure all GA1 Certificates are issued in advance of equipment delivered to site.
Safety Health & Environmental
- Ensure that all materials & equipment purchased by the company comply with the required Safety Standards
- Ensure Material Safety Data Sheets are obtained where required & where applicable, seek advice from the Safety Manager on Health & Safety and Environmental implications of materials and equipment purchased by the company, regarding their safe use and installation if required
- Assist Estimating Department on pricing when requested.
- Look after Warehouse & Stores ensuring warehouse kept tidy and strict signing in & out of plant and materials stored
- 1-2 years experience in related field.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the Construction Industry and workings of Construction Project Management
- Show an in-depth knowledge of Construction Techniques
- Manage and Develop the FMC Quality Systems
- Demonstrate strong IT & Admin Skills
- Demonstrates strong relationship skills with your team and your peers