- Support the creation of our clients Greening Strategy in line with the Corporate Strategy
- Create and regularly review and update all relevant policies and procedures to comply with legislation and to meet the needs of the business.
- Liaise with other organisations within the energy industry, attending relevant conferences, seminars, courses, exhibitions and meetings as required, to identify future opportunities.
- Initiate and maintain an Environmental Management Standard.
- Engage effectively with tenants and tenant groups to provide a customer focused service, particularly providing support and advice on methods of alleviating fuel poverty.
- Co-ordinate a programme of regular visits or audits of premises to identify areas for improvement, making the necessary recommendations to Housing and Property Services Teams.
- Advise and support New Business in delivering sustainable new homes.
- Liaise directly, when required, with all relevant consultants and contactors to ensure new build, refurbishment projects and repairs are carried out in a manner which reduces energy usage and environmental impact.
- Review planned maintenance programmes and advise on improvements to proposals / specifications and make recommendations around additional energy efficiency measures.
- Liaise with the Policy and Communications team and where required, directly with external stakeholders in relation to environmental management issues.
- Continue the development of the relationship with SEAI and others to assist in meeting our clients overall goals.
- Manage the programme for Building Energy Ratings and ensure legislative compliance.
- Effectively procure and manage all energy contracts relating to electricity, natural gas and heating oil to ensure transparency, legislative compliance and value for money, including the validation of energy costs.
- Advise on future replacement programmes and investments in renewable technologies such as Solar PV systems, heat pumps and ventilation systems to maximise financial and environmental returns.
- Contribute to project teams, management enquiries, working parties, and committees as required.
- Encourage a culture of energy and environmental awareness among staff. Provide necessary training and support around energy awareness, environmental protection and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Consider appropriate measures to reduce water consumption and encourage more sustainable transport.
- Examine opportunities to reduce waste and improve recycling across our offices, housing schemes and our operational activities, liaising with Councils where possible.
- Propose and manage energy and environmental initiatives and targets as part of Greening Strategy and Business Plans
- Identify ways in which can deliver a sector leading environmental performance.
Budgets and Funding
- Seek new external funding for projects where possible.
- Support the business in maximising the opportunities created by the Energy Master Plan through the SEAI.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual budgets relating to energy and environmental initiatives, programmes and energy costs.
Records and reporting
- Develop and maintain an energy consumption database and identify opportunities to deliver cost effective savings.
- Co-ordinate, manage and report on Energy and Environmental Management, Sustainability and Sustainable Development.
- Provide regular updates on energy and environmental management to the Executive Team and Board.<
- Develop a suite of KPI’s to measure the output and improvements achieves year on year
Communication and Innovation
- Proactively liaise with stakeholders, including housing partners, environmental organisations, regulatory bodies, innovators, members of the public and other parties as required
- Promote innovation by researching new products and approaches to reducing energy use and environmental impact
- Promote the energy initiatives through articles, literature and award submissions and consider opportunities to improve our clients profile, reputation or performance in areas of property management and energy conservation.
- 2 years’ experience in an energy and environmental management role
- 5 years’ experience in an energy and environmental role
- Significant experience of acting as an energy advisor in domestic properties
- Experience of energy procurement and consumption management
- Successful funding applications and project management
Leadership, communication and influencing, data and analytics
call Mark me for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org - 016704488